The BMW X3 is a luxury compact crossover SUV that combines style, performance, and convenience. It features an all-wheel drive system with an 8-speed automatic transmission, allowing for smooth gear shifts.
The X3 also offers a range of advanced safety systems and driver assistance technologies including active protection, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and blind spot detection.
Additionally, the car has comfortable interior seating with plenty of cargo space for storage.
With its dynamic looks and cutting-edge technology, one question that many potential BMW X3 owners have is whether the vehicle comes with remote start functionality? Well, we will find out in the rest of this post. Keep reading.
BMW’s Remote Start Overview
BMW’s Remote Start is a convenient feature that allows drivers to start their vehicles from the comfort of their homes or office.
It uses your BMW’s key fob, smartphone app, or another device to remotely activate the engine and other systems in your car.
This means you can turn on the climate control before getting into your vehicle for maximum comfort as soon as you get in. You can also warm up or cool down your car without having to wait for it when you need it most.
The system offers features such as pre-heating/pre-cooling, remote door unlocking and locking, and more! With BMW’s Remote Start capabilities, drivers have greater control over their vehicles than ever before.
Does X3 BMW have a Remote Start?
In short, yes, the BMW X3 does have a remote start, however only models from 2019 are equipped with one. making it easier to get your vehicle running before you even enter it.
Remote start allows drivers to turn on their car from up to 230 ft away using only the key fob or smartphone app, providing convenience and added security while also allowing vehicles to warm up or cool down quickly.
In addition to being able to remotely start your vehicle with just one button press, many models of the X3 can be set up with an automatic climate control system that will adjust temperatures based on outside conditions.
This means that when you activate remote start, your vehicle will automatically adjust its climate settings accordingly so you don’t have to worry about setting them manually every time you get in your car.
How Does BMW’S Remote start work?
BMW’s remote start feature allows drivers to start their car’s engine from a distance using the BMW key fob or the BMW Connected app on their smartphone.
To use the key fob method, the driver must press and hold the lock button for three seconds, then press and hold the arrow button until the car starts.
The engine will run for a few minutes before it automatically turns off. To use the BMW Connected app method, the driver must open the app, tap the “Remote Services” button, select “Start Engine,” and follow the prompts to start the car.
It’s important to note that not all BMW models have this feature, and it may require an additional subscription to BMW Connected services. There may also be restrictions on when and where the remote start feature can be used for safety and environmental reasons.
How to Check if your BMW X3 has a remote start?
The availability of remote start on a BMW X3 can vary depending on the model year and specific features included in your vehicle. Here are a few ways to check if your BMW X3 has a remote start:
- Check the owner’s manual: The owner’s manual for your BMW X3 should have information about the features included in your specific model. Check the manual to see if remote start is listed as a feature.
- Check the key fob: Look at your BMW X3 key fob to see if it has a remote start button. If it does, then your vehicle is equipped with a remote start.
- Check the iDrive system: If your BMW X3 has the iDrive system, you can check if remote start is available by accessing the vehicle settings menu. Look for a “Remote Start” option in the menu. If it’s there, then your vehicle has a remote start.
Also. If you’re still unsure if your BMW X3 has remote start, you can contact a BMW dealership and provide them with your vehicle’s VIN number. They should be able to tell you if remote start is included as a feature on your specific model.
How to Active Remote Start on BMW X3?
The specific steps to activate remote start on a BMW X3 may vary depending on the model year and whether or not the vehicle is equipped with the necessary features. Here are some general guidelines for activating remote start on a BMW X3:
- Make sure your BMW X3 is equipped with the remote start feature. This feature may be standard or optional depending on the model year and trim level of your vehicle. Check your owner’s manual or contact your BMW dealer to confirm if your X3 has a remote start.
- Ensure that your vehicle is in park and the engine is off. Also, make sure that all doors are closed and locked.
- Press and hold the lock button on your remote key fob for approximately 3 seconds until the vehicle’s lights flash once.
- Immediately press and hold the circular arrow button (sometimes labeled “engine start” or “power”) on your key fob until the vehicle’s lights flash again.
- Release the circular arrow button. The engine should start, and the climate control system should begin to warm up or cool down the interior of your vehicle, depending on your pre-set settings.
Note that some BMW models may require an additional step to activate remote start. If you are still having trouble activating remote start on your BMW X3, refer to your owner’s manual or contact your BMW dealer for further assistance.
How much does BMW remote start cost?
The cost of a BMW remote start may vary depending on the specific model and year of your BMW vehicle, as well as the type of remote start system you choose to install.
BMW offers its own factory-installed remote start system, which is designed specifically for BMW vehicles and integrated into the vehicle’s key fob.
The starting cost for a BMW remote start is $10 for a monthly subscription, if you want you can choose the yearly plan which will set you back $105
There are also aftermarket remote start systems that can be installed in BMW vehicles by third-party installers. The cost of these systems can vary widely depending on the brand and features of the system, as well as the labor cost for installation.