The 335is is a sports car that’s known for its great performance. While you may have high expectations of this Bimmer, you may be curious if the 335is model has a good track record in terms of reliability. I will tell you all you need to know in the rest of this article. Keep reading.
BMW E 90/92 335is Overview
BMW 335is is a high-performance variant of the BMW 3 Series, manufactured by German automaker BMW. When you want a sedan that’s fast and fun, yet still practical enough for everyday driving, the all-new BMW 335is is a perfect choice.
The 335is is powered by a 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that produces 320 horsepower and 332 lb.-ft. of torque. That’s more than enough to propel this German performance sedan from 0-60 mph in just 4.6 seconds—making it quicker than many of its competitors.
In addition to its speed, the 335is offers plenty of comfort and convenience features that make it perfect for long road trips or daily commutes. Its turbocharged engine enables it to average 18/26 mpg on the highway — which is better than many similar cars on the market today.
Are BMW 335is reliable?
The BMW 335is is a great car, but it’s not as reliable as other BMW models. The BMW 335i has an overall reliability rating of 2.0 out of 5.0, which is below average when compared to the rest of the luxury midsize car class. This score is based on a range of data collected from the past year of car models and mechanical failure rates.
What are the common problems with BMW 335is?
BMW 335is is one of the most popular models from BMW. It is also one of the most expensive cars on the market. The car has a few common problems that you should be aware of before buying it.
Here are some common problems with the 335is:
- Engine Rattle: One of the most common problems with BMW 335is is an engine rattle that comes from a failing hydraulic valve lifter. Symptoms include a rattling sound coming from the engine.
- Broken Serpentine Belt: The serpentine belt drives several components on the engine, including the water pump, air conditioning compressor and alternator. If it breaks, you can expect major engine damage as well as other problems such as loss of power steering and power brakes.
- Faulty High-Pressure Fuel Pump: The high-pressure fuel pump is responsible for delivering fuel pressure to your engine’s cylinders when they require it during acceleration or high RPMs. A faulty high-pressure fuel pump may cause poor acceleration or stalling at higher speeds.
- High Temperatures: The most common problem with this vehicle is overheating. This can be due to several different factors, but one of the most common causes is a faulty thermostat. If your engine overheats when driving on the highway or around town, check your thermostat first.
- Engine Problems: If you have noticed any issues with your 335is engine, then it is time to take it to a mechanic and get it checked out. It might be a minor issue or something more serious. In either case, it is best to get it checked out immediately before it becomes too late.
Which year 335i is most reliable?
The BMW 335is 2010 and 2012 have a higher than average reliability rating compared to other cars in its class. As expected with any car, there are always going to be issues that arise over time that may need some repair work or attention.
However, these problems tend to be minor and infrequent enough that they don’t affect the overall performance of the vehicle
How long do BMW 335is last?
When maintained properly, the BMW 335is may travel between 70 000 and 150,000 miles. The longevity of the car depends on how well it is driven and maintained. If you are looking for a car that will last for years to come then this is the perfect choice for you. You may have to spend a little more money on maintenance but in the end, it will be worth it!
If you’re considering buying a BMW 335is, make sure to check out the car’s reliability rating before you buy. While it has a lot of really positive qualities, its bad reliability might end up costing you in the long run.