BMW is an automotive brand that has been around for over 100 years. The company started in 1916 and gained popularity starting in the 1970s with its BMW 3 Series model.
BMW offers a variety of vehicles from coupes to SUVs, sedans, and luxury cars. In this article we are going to look at does BMW offer any military discounts and incentives?
Does BMW Give Discounts For Military?
BMW provides military discounts to active-duty and active-reserve members of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard.
You must be an active or reserve member of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard or a veteran in order to qualify for the BMW Military Discount Program.
Active duty military personnel should show proof of their ranks at the time of purchase by providing any one of the following:
- A copy of their current orders showing they are currently serving on active duty; or
- A copy of their current leave and earnings statement that shows they were paid while away from home due to temporary duty assignment; or
- An official letter from their command stating they are an active participant in a unit relocation program such as PCS/PHS or Permanent Change Station/Housing Support Program (PCS/PHS).
If you’re eligible for the BMW Military Discount, you need to provide your proof of eligibility when you buy. The dealership will not accept your military ID as proof. You will need to show them either a copy of your orders or another document that proves that you are in the armed forces (like a DD214).
Are Military Family Members Eligible For The BMW Discount?
While it’s nice to see your family benefit from the BMW discount as well, they are not eligible for BMW military discounts. Only active duty service members and their dependents are eligible for the benefit.
This means that only you, your spouse, and children under 21 years of age and living in your household can take advantage of the discount. Your siblings, parents, or another close relative cannot take advantage of it.
Does The BMW Military Discount Apply to Used Vehicles?
Yes, you can get a BMW military discount on a used vehicle. BMW offers a variety of discounts and incentives to members of the military and their families, including
- The BMW Military Discount (also known as the Military Rebate): This is a $500 discount on any new vehicle purchased at a participating dealership. To qualify for this discount, you have to be an active-duty member of the military or an honorably discharged veteran who has served within the last 3 years. You also need to provide proof that you’re currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, or Coast Guard.
- The BMW Veterans Program: This is a program designed specifically for veterans who have been honorably discharged from active duty within the last 3 years. It offers exclusive pricing on all new models and almost every certified pre-owned model. Veterans participating in this program will also receive special perks like preferred financing rates through BMW Financial Services and free maintenance while they own their vehicles.
- The BMW Military Lease Program: This program allows active-duty members of the military who are stationed outside of the continental United States to lease up to two vehicles per year.
Do BMW Military Discounts Include Veterans?
It’s important to know that the BMW Military Discounts do not apply only to active-duty military personnel. Even if you are retired from the military, you can still take advantage of this great program.
BMW offers a special discount to anyone who has served in the United States Armed Forces. This discount is available on all new BMW models. You will also receive a bonus $500 when you purchase or lease your vehicle!